jueves, 3 de julio de 2008

OLD FRIENDS


My dear William
my really old good friend
Where were you when
Writing as living in a green field
your sonnets came back to me.

When, in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone be weep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;

I rather forget the other six verses perhaps
because they are the six roads
I needed before stepping over the bridge
and I don't want to do that while my dear Shakespeare
is desiring a lady's heart. Nothing else,
just that, six forgotten verses saving my life.

No hay comentarios: